Tuesday 9 November 2010

The Death Of My Pumpkin Peter

Today I am morning the loss of my little pumpkin. Almost nine days after Halloween and fifteen days after I carved his little smiley face, I placed him in the bin. I called him Peter pumpkin. I have no artistic abilities, nor do I have a steady hand, especially when it comes to carving pumpkins. So I was rather pleased with my creation on Peter, I thought he turned out rather sweet. He kept us company for many days, lighting up our living room on All Hallows' Eve. But then he started to frown. Soon his frown turned into a sagging smile before his face just collapsed in on him. My partner and I fought over when I should get rid off him. We had many heated arguments as to when I should turf Peter into the compost heap, but I just couldn't. Even with his collapsed face, looking like a a gurning grandad, he still looked cute. I wanted to hold on to him as long as possible, or at least until he started to smell. Which was today. I walked into the living room to an almighty pumpkin stench. Poor Peter. He was not in a good way and I just had to bin him. I've posted a picture of Peter looking his best, right after I carved him. RIP Peter Pumpkin :-(

1 comment: