Monday 9 August 2010

Everybody Loves A Smurf!

Everybody loves a Smurf, don't they? We all grew up watching the Hanna-Barbera children's television series, didn't we? Surly as a child, you loved the little white cap wearing blue critters? I certainly wanted to live in a little mushroom-shaped house, didn't you? I amassed a large collection of figurines and plush toys. I even had the hit single by Father Abraham. I played it to death on my parents record player, singing along as If I were a Smurf. I can even remember most of their names - Brainy, Greedy, Handy, Hefty, Jokey, Vanity, Lazy, Smurfette and Papa Smurf, come to mind. I personally loved, the greatest cartoon villain ever sketched, the wizard Gargamel. He and his bumbling cat Azrael, who was a constant threat for any Smurf who wondered to close to Gargamel's hut, always made me chuckle. But it was Smurfette I most loved, obviously. She had such fabulous blonde flowing locks, the cutest dress and fantastic heels. But seriously, I'm not Smurf obsessed. So, who was your favorite Smurf? Do tell?

The Official Smurf Website - www.smurf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment