Thursday 16 December 2010

A Dorothy Parker Quote A Day





"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue"
Dorothy Parker




Today I thought I'd celebrate Dorothy Parker, the peerless wit and my favorite writer. I wish I could have sat with Dorothy and her gang of writers, critics, actors and wits when they gathered for lunch and martinis at the Algonquin Hotel in New York in the early 1920's. I think I would have made fine company for Dorothy and her "The Vicious Circle" - to be a part of those conversations, to have exchanged wisecracks, wordplay and witticisms with Dorothy and her merry gang. Oh well! It's just a shame I don't have a tardis. In the meantime, a Dorothy Parker quote a day always puts a smile on my face. I hope Dorothy Parker makes you smile too?

No comments:

Post a Comment