Monday 20 December 2010

Snowed in, making mulled wine

Today I am totally snowed in, with no escape from my house. In my cupboards are all the ingredients to make a delicious pot of mulled wine. I had purchased all the necessary items last week with the intention of whipping up a marvelous batch on Christmas eve while I entertain guests. Well . . . I'm bored, thirsty and suffering from cabin fever. Sticking cloves in orange's should help pass the boredom for a bit, so out come my ingredients and pots. What I love most about making mulled wine, are the aromatic smells that fill the kitchen, drifting through the house - orange oil, cinnamon, clove, bay leaf and red wine. Delicious and delightful. I can't wait to get started. I've included the recipe that I'll be following to make my mulled wine with today. If you have any recipes of your own, variations, I'd love to hear about them below. Right then I better get started, I'll try and save you a cup.

1/2 bottle red wine
25 ml Port
25 ml Grand Marnier
1 bay leaf
1 quartered orange studded with 12 cloves
1 small cinnamon stick
1/2 star anise
1 table spoon sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment