Saturday 3 July 2010

The Invitation

It's always so lovely to receive invitations to parties. I've certainly had some fabulous invites in my lifetime. Although, I'm still waiting for my invite to Buckingham Palace from the Queen to collect my OBE. One can always dream! In the meantime I will have to settle for an invite by the Vietnamese community here in Birmingham to attend their annual Summer fete. I was delighted when I arrived home the other day and found a pretty little white envelop addressed 'Kind Neighbor' posted through my door. If you have a look at the image to your right you can read what was inside - my personal invite by my lovely Vietnamese neighbors to help them celebrate the summer and everything wonderful about their community. They have been decorating their drop in center across the street from me for the past few days with some very colorful lanterns and fabrics. It's all looking rather special and I'm quite looking forward to attending. I mean, how often do you get invited to a Vietnamese summer fete? Hardly ever, right? Come to think of it, I think mingling with a foreign community, sampling thier fine cusine and observing thier traditions would be so much more exciting than having a pin plased on my lapel by a stuffy old woman with her corgis nipping at my ankles.

No comments:

Post a Comment