Friday 9 July 2010

Aerobics Fashion & Me!

If there was ever a moment in my life when I wanted to be a girl, it was the day I first set eyes on Olivia Newton-John's 'Physical' music video. Her video clip made working out cool and more importantly she made Aerobic wear, very, very, fashionable. I always thought it wasn't fair, why do only girls get to wear all those fabulous neon colors and sparkly accessories? I want a pair of leg warmers, a headband, satin white leotards and a flashy purple aerobics bikini thingamajig. I want to work out lifting little free weights while dancing to 'Physical' GOD DAMN IT! Sadly, I never got my way at the tender age of ten, I didn't get to slip into any aerobics wear. Not even my mothers for that matter, mainly because she had a fondness for shades of green. I detested green. Anyway I no longer have a desire for aerobics wear, but it sure does make me giggle every time I see Olivia in her leotard and leg warmers. OH! and that Eric Prydz, 'Call On Me' video . . . if only it did the rounds on MTV instead of Olivia's homage to aerobics. I think I might just have slipped into my mothers green unitard then.

No comments:

Post a Comment