Saturday 5 June 2010

Elvira Mistress Of The Dark

I spent last night curled up on the sofa watching one of my favorite DVD's, Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark. I just couldn't resist a bit of Elvira. Oh! how I love the Zeppelin-boobed goth vixen with big hair. I forgot what a classic piece of cinema this was, and SO worth watching again. So what's it all about? Well, Just as horror hostess, Elvira quits her job (after an outburst involving sexual harassment with the station's new owner) she discovers she has been included in the will of her late great aunt Morgana. With so much to gain and nothing to lose Elvira packs up Los Angeles and chases her inheritance to the small town of Fallwell, Massachusetts. The moment Elvira arrives she creates furry amongst the community of conservative townsfolk. From there the film just descends into camp comedy, with some brilliant one liners and many, MANY gags about boobies. As soon as the end credits began to roll, I was left thinking - what a shame it was she never got her own TV comedy sketch show! Elvira has definitely been absent from my screen for far too long and probably yours, don't you agree? I did find Elvira's official website, should you be interested.

www.elvira.com

No comments:

Post a Comment