Tuesday 18 May 2010

Lovely Mint Tea

I was out shopping for fresh fruit and veg the other day at an Arabic market around the corner from me. The sun was blasting down on the chaotic stalls, filling the air with aromatic spices and sweet citrus. However, It was the smell of fresh mint that was most distinctive and caught my senses. I was instantly drawn to a bush of neatly stacked mint bundles. The aroma was divine, and I wanted some. What I got was a big blue bag for a pound. Bragian! I now have a huge arrangement of mint in a big tumbler glass under my kitchen window and have been drinking fresh mint tea daily. For a great cup of mint tea, I simply pick ten mint leaves and put them into a tea pot with a tablespoon of demerara sugar, stir, pour and serve. Mint has many health benefits, is great for a soar tummy and aids digestion. For a great cool drink, try putting your fresh pot of mint tea with added sugar in the fridge - let cool, pour into a jug of ice cubes and add freshly squeezed lime. Delicious! Have I made you thirsty for mint?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely mint! I can smell it all the way from Jakarta!

    ReplyDelete