Sunday 30 May 2010

Birmingham Gay Pride Review

Yes that really is me with Same Difference, the happiest people on earth. The brother sister act and former X-factor contestants were performing on the main stage yesterday at Birmingham's Gay Pride. They were just a few of the cheesy but crowd pleasing acts I met back stage at the event. I spent most of my time throwing back Stella Artois in the beer tents and dancing near the main stage. The highlight for me definitely had to be Melissa Totten 'THE' best Madonna impersonator on the planet, and definitely the crowds favorite. She belted out all the best Madonna hits - 100% hands in the air stuff. As the day moved on I was thankful for the sunshine and all those who brought me drinks. We later moved on to the Village Inn, then the Eden Bar for a mix of Pop! and 80's tunes. It was here, somewhere in the wee hours of the morning that I realised my dancing feet had had enough. So off I went, stuffed into a mini cab with hot dog and tinnitus ringing in my ears. All in all, I really enjoyed my first ever Birmingham Gay Pride and I can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment